Friday, November 4, 2011

Northwest Arkansas Family Photographer--Decisions, Decisions

Recently someone asked me, "What is the most common question you get from your clients about sessions?" My answer was simple, and honest. The most frequent question is...drumroll please....

"What should we wear?"

NEVER FEAR, WONDER WOMAN IS, wait, that's something else entirely! But I do have the answer!

Wear something that makes you feel comfortable and gorgeous! Color is in, as well as pattern. Gone are the days of everyone wearing jeans and white polo shirts or everyone in Khaki pants with Red shirts (this isn't Target people!). And although matching Black shirts keep things cohesive, they can also be a little boring.

My suggestion is this--Start with a basic bottom or color, something neutral, and then add pops of coordinating color from there. For instance, I am planning on having photos done of my family in a few weeks. What are we wearing you might ask? Well, I'll tell you!

We are all wearing medium to dark wash jeans, and black shoes. From there, we're adding our pops of color. My husband is wearing a Black and White Plaid Button Front Oxford Shirt. I am wearing a Crimson Red V-Neck T with a Gray Sweater Cardigan, and a Black and White Necklace. Parker is wearing a Button Front Oxford Shirt with a Black, Crimson, and White Plaid. And last, but certainly not least, Elliot is wearing a Crimson Red Embellished T-Shirt with a Black and White Herringbone Jacket, and a Crimson Red Flower in her hair.

See what we did there? We started with a few Basics. Jeans, Greys, Blacks, and Whites. Then we added our pop of color, Crimson. You could really use a lot of colors with those basics. Think about how cute Mustard Yellow or Turquoise would look with them!

Or you can just go wild with color Coordination. Here's a great example of a coordinating Family:


Notice how they mixed a combination of Solids, Stripes and Plaids in coordinating colors? And they have a color POP with the Reds and Pinks. Their outfits were perfect for a cool fall day. Nobody is wearing a too-tight, scratchy dress or a suit, and nobody matches perfectly. Everyone just blends together to form a cohesive look!

For those of you who are color challenged, or just need another opinion, just give me a call or shoot me an e-mail. Take a quick photo of a few possible outfits for each family member, and send it my way. I'll be happy to give my honest opinion, and help you pick the perfect outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment